Wednesday, July 9, 2014

We have HOPE as an anchor for the SOUL, firm and secure.


"We all carry these things inside that no one else can see. They hold us down like anchors, they drown us out at sea..."

This is my new and finished tattoo, to some it may just be another tattoo on a girl of an anchor with some flowers, but to me it is my family...

The anchor, being my mother who has always been the strength and courage in my life, my life as a Navy Brat, and my father's service to our country.
The blue rose, my father, a symbol to me of Huntington's disease, to the beauty in our lives despite the ugly times we have had.
The purple rose, my brother, a symbol to me of Juvenile Huntington's disease, the love I have for Bryan.
The rope, my HD family, my friends who are part of my Huntington's journey.

Tattoo completed by Shaylee San Miguel, Rio Rancho, NM "Three Guns Social Club".


No comments:

Post a Comment